It’s a time to get creative and connect with friends and family, so we’ve done the hard work for you and created a Movie & TV Quiz that you can host at home or on video call!
We’ve broken down rounds into different themes, each with five questions relating to Warner Bros. films and TV shows.
Ready, set, quiz time!
1. Tag stars Jeremy Renner and Jon Hamm, but this wasn’t the first Warner Bros. film they’ve starred in together. Name the 2010 film which saw Hamm as an FBI agent and Renner on the wrong side of the law in Boston.
2. In Dog Day Afternoon, Sonny, Sal and Stevie attempt to do what?
3. In the 2016 film Sully, Tom Hanks landed a plane in which river?
4. The Disaster Artist is based on eccentric director/actor/writer/producer Tommy Wiseau, played by James Franco. What is the name of the cult film Tommy makes?
5. Sandra Bullock won an Academy Award in 2010 for her role in which film?
Based on a Book
1. Which 2018 release has the tagline ‘a better reality awaits’?
2. Which film about a wealthy suitor and his girlfriend became the highest grossing romantic comedy for a decade?
3. Bill, Beverly, Mike, Eddie, Stanley, Richie and Ben are all members of which club?
4. What nationality is The Great Gatsby director Baz Luhrmann?
5. In Me Before You, Will gifts Lou what kind of tights?
1. What name does Wonder Woman go by?
2. Dunkirk was the 5th Christoper Nolan film this Irish actor starred in. Who is he?
3. In Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows Part II, what potion does Hermione take to disguise herself as Bellatrix Lesstrange?
4. Which Game of Thrones actor set a new record for most Emmy wins in the Outstanding Supporting Actor category?
5. What is the name of the dark lord in The Lord of the Rings?
1. In Charlie and the Chocolate Factory what animal was trained for The Nut Room scene with Veruca Salt?
2. Which longtime collaborator of Tim Burton created the music for Corpse Bride?
3. 300 is about 300 Greek soldiers known as what?
4. The "These violent delights have violent ends" quote used in Westworld is from which work of Shakespeare?
5. Complete the 2001 Space Odyssey quote: “Open the _ _ _, HAL.”
1. Which luxury casino is at the centre of Danny Ocean’s heist in Ocean’s Eleven?
2. Name the film based on the tagline: Your mind is the scene of the crime
3. Which star-studded HBO series is set in Monterey, California
4. In the Friends episode The One After the Superbowl, Julia Roberts starred as whose childhood friend?
5. In 2018’s Ocean’s 8, who stars as Danny Ocean’s sister?
1. The real life experiences of Ed and Lorraine Warren were brought to the big screen in which 2013 release?
2. What’s the name of the girl that gets possessed in The Exorcist?
3. Finish this quote from The Shining: “All work and no play…”
4. Name the film from the tagline: Sleep all day. Party all night. Never grow old. Never die.
5. Which horror auteur went on to direct Aquaman?
For the Laughs
1. In Miss Congeniality, Sandra Bullock is an undercover what?
2. What’s the name of the stag that goes missing in The Hangover?
3. In Crazy Stupid Love, what computer programme does Emma Stone compare Ryan Gosling to when he takes off his shirt?
4. What’s Emmet’s profession in The LEGO Movie?
5. What rodent causes mayhem on the golf course in Caddyshack?
1. When Dorothy’s house is blown away during the tornado, which part of The Land of Oz does it land?
2. What is it that Goonies say?
3. Bugs Bunny’s love interest, Lola Bunny first appeared in which live-action/animation film in 1996?
4. Whose catchphrase is “Alrighty then!”
5. What are the rules you need to remember when dealing with Gremlins?
1. Twenty-seven members of The Sopranos cast starred in which Martin Scorsese film?
2. What’s the name of Imperator Furiosa’s truck in Mad Max: Fury Road?
3. Morgan Freeman narrated which Oscar winning documentary?
4. Ben Affleck won his second Academy Award for which film?
5. Finish the iconic Gone with the Wind quote: “Frankly, _ _, _ _ _ _ _.”
Now it’s time to mark the scores and find out who’s the biggest film and TV nerd. Find the answers to our quiz questions below!
2. Rob a bank
3. Hudson River
4. The Room
5. The Blind Side
Based on a Book:
1. Ready Player One
2. Crazy Rich Asians
3. The Losers Club, in IT
5. Bumblebee tights / black and yellow
1. Diana Prince
2. Cillian Murphy
3. Polyjuice Potion
4. Peter Dinklage
5. Dark Lord Sauron
2. Danny Elfman
4. Romeo and Juliet
5. “Open the pod bay doors, HAL.”
3. Big Little Lies
5. Sandra Bullock
For the Laughs
1. FBI Agent
3. Photoshop: “Seriously? It's like you're Photoshopped!”
4. He’s a construction worker
1. The house lands in Munchkinland in the Land of Oz
2 Goonies never say die
3. Space Jam
4. Ace Ventura: Pet Detective
5. Don't get them wet, keep them out of bright light, and never feed them after midnight.
1. The Conjuring
3. “...makes Jack a dull boy”
4. The Lost Boys
5. James Wan
1. The War Rig
3. March of the Penguins
5. “Frankly, my dear, I don't give a damn.”