Important Information: Dunkirk World Premiere
The World premiere of Dunkirk is taking place on Thursday 13th July 2017.
Please find below information on attending the premiere for fans.
Our premieres are friendly, fun events and we aim to make the experience as enjoyable as possible. Please take the time to read the below for all information, help, tips and links so that you can enjoy the action on the red carpet!
Red Carpet Line Up & Movie Information
• Stars of the film will attend a red carpet event in Leicester Square from 5pm.
• Space in Leicester Square is limited and people wishing to view the event will need to wear a wristband
• Wristbands can be collected from the Odeon from midday on Wednesday, 12th July. This allows you entry to the square and means you can leave the square and still be assured entry for the event
• The viewing pens will open at 2pm on Thursday, 13th July. Only people wearing wristbands will be allowed entry into the pens
• If you are unable to get a wristband we ask that you do not come to Leicester Square and instead watch all the action from home via our live stream on Facebook: www.facebook.com/DunkirkUK
• The premiere will have a second screening at the BFI IMAX where filmmakers Christopher Nolan, Emma Thomas and the talent will be introducing the film
Special Requirements and Wheelchair Users
• Space in the wheelchair users pen will be limited, if you are planning to watch the red carpet and are a wheelchair user or have other special requirements, please contact us on firstname.lastname@example.org so we can accommodate accordingly.
How To Find Us
Find out how to get to Leicester Square by public transport using Transport for London's Journey Planner
Leicester Square (Northern and Piccadilly lines) is the closest Tube station
Piccadilly Circus (Bakerloo and Piccadilly lines)
Charing Cross mainline rail station is a short walk from the Square.
Please visit the Transport for London page, for all information regarding bus services to Leicester Square.
You may also wish to visit the Transport for London Bus Map page.
What to Wear & What to Take
Fans - Getting there early, what are you going to take with you? Please check the weather to know what to expect (London weather forecast link can be found below).
Weather in London can be very changeable but is likely to be hot in July and rain is always a possibility. We recommend wearing layers and packing a lightweight waterproof jacket in case it rains on the night. It’s important to stay hydrated, especially if it’s hot, so please make sure you have some water with you.
Umbrella - If you’re at the front then people behind you won’t be able to see and they may object to you having an umbrella. It’s best to stick to a raincoat.
Bag - Bring a small/medium bag perhaps for a change of dry clothes, something to eat/drink (once the crowds are there you won’t be able to get out and back in easily) and don’t forget your autograph book; just in case!
Please be aware, for security, bag checks will be carried out on arrival and at entrances to the public pens.
BBC Weather: http://www.bbc.co.uk/weather/2643743
The Met Office: http://www.metoffice.gov.uk/public/weather/forecast/gcpvj0v07