To review our children's privacy practices, please view our Additional information regarding children.
- When you register or engage with our Sites, such as by participating in contests, sweepstakes or promotions, we may ask you to provide personally identifiable information (e.g., name, address, e-mail, phone number, location data, credit card information, and information about your interests in our products and services) to access certain content, features, and functionality.
- We may collect additional information from you if you access our Sites through a mobile device (e.g. unique device identifier, device’s operating system, mobile carrier).
- You may also provide us with information when interacting with our content through or linking to third-party social media sites, plug-ins, or applications.
- The information we collect may be combined with information from outside records. More Info
Uses of information
- The information we collect is used to fulfil your requests, to develop, protect, maintain, improve, and provide our products, programs, and services, and to operate our business. This includes displaying personalised content and advertising to provide you with the messages we think you will find most interesting.
- We and our affiliates and business partners may also use this information to inform you of other products or services that may interest you.
Important additional information
- We take reasonable measures designed to safeguard the information we collect online through our Sites. More Info
- WBEI operates globally, so the information we collect may be sent to our servers in the U.S. See the International Transfers section of our policy. More Info
- If you decide you no longer want to receive our promotional e-mails, simply follow the instructions in that e-mail.
- To make choices about how we share information with third parties, such as our business partners, simply log into your account if you have created one with us or e-mail us at firstname.lastname@example.org. More Info
Disclosure of information
We may share personally identifiable information:
- Where we have your permission (e.g., opt-in, opt-out, preferences).
- With third-party service providers and other companies that work on our behalf or with our affiliates.
- With business partners, such as those who sponsor a sweepstakes, contest or promotion or those who jointly offer an activity or service.
- In the event of a corporate transaction (e.g., merger or sale).
- When required by law or public authorities.
How to contact us
Updated: July 2013
Thank you for visiting a Warner Bros. Entertainment Group offering. Your privacy is important to us. To better protect your privacy, we provide this notice explaining our online information practices and the choices you can make about the collection and use of the personal information you submit on our online and mobile Web sites, services, and applications (“Site” or “Sites”). For certain offerings on our Sites, there may be additional notices about information practices and choices. Please read those additional privacy disclosures to understand how they apply to you.
The Sites are operated by Warner Bros. Entertainment Inc., (a wholly owned subsidiary of Time Warner Inc., a Delaware, USA corporation), and Warner Bros. Entertainment UK Limited (“we”, “us”, “our”). The aforementioned company listed in this paragraph and here are all part of the Warner Bros. Entertainment Group.
The information we collect
Registration and account information
At some Sites, you can order products, play games, read critic and user reviews, enter contests, vote in polls, rate movies, TV shows and other content, or otherwise express an opinion, subscribe to one of our services such as our online newsletters, or participate in one of our online forums or communities. In the course of using our Sites, we may ask you to create an account or register for an application by providing us with certain personal information that can be used to contact or identify you, as well as to administer your account. The types of personal information that you provide as part of your account may include: name, address, e-mail address, telephone number, fax number, credit card and billing information, information about your interest in and use of various content, products, programs, and services, and other information that you provide to us.
Information about others/inviting friends
At some of our Sites, you can submit information about other people. For example, you might submit a person's name and e-mail address to share content or recommendations, send an electronic greeting card and, if you order a gift online and want it sent directly to the recipient, you might submit the recipient's name and address. The types of personal information that may be collected about other people as part of this process vary depending on the service and may include recipient's name, address, e-mail address, telephone number, and information about the recipient’s interest in and use of various content, products, programs, and services.
Some of our Sites also allow you to invite your friends to join our services and to connect with you through social media features. Inviting friends is always optional. To do so, you may provide their contact information or may enter your log-in credentials to import e-mail addresses from your address book from other sites that support such functionality (e.g., Yahoo! and Gmail). You select the friends you want to invite to share in this experience.
By submitting information to us about other people, you confirm that you have obtained permission from each of those people to share their information. If we contact them, we may disclose your identity to them.
Information from other sources
You can also engage with our content and other offerings, such as videos, games and applications, on or through third-party social media sites, plug-ins and applications, such as those offered by Facebook and others. You may also choose to link your account with us to third party social media sites. When you link your account or engage with our content on or through third party social media sites, services, plug-ins, or applications you may allow us to have ongoing access to certain information from your social media account (e.g., name, e-mail address, profile photo, gender, birthday, location, your list of friends and their contact information, people you follow and/or who follow you, the posts or the 'likes' you make). We may also receive certain information (e.g., content viewed, game performance, high scores, and information about advertisements within the content you have been shown or may have clicked on, etc.) from your interaction with our content.
Information collection from mobile devices
If you access our Sites, on your mobile telephone or other mobile device, we also may collect your unique device identifier and mobile device IP address (e.g. MAC address), as well as information about your device’s operating system, mobile carrier, and mobile Internet browsers, your precise location information, and other information described in this Policy.
Providing requested information
In some cases, only persons who provide us with the requested personal information will be able to order products, programs, and services, or otherwise participate in the Site's activities and offerings.
Technical and usage information
We also collect certain information when you use our Sites such as the type of browser you are using (e.g., Firefox, Internet Explorer), the type of operating system you are using (e.g., Windows, Mac OS, iOS, and Android), the domain name of your Internet service provider or mobile carrier, and certain usage information.
How we use the information
Providing our products and services
We use the information we collect about you to provide you with our products, programs, and services, to respond to your inquiries about our offerings, to provide, personalize, and improve our offerings and to offer you other products, programs or services from us and our affiliates, business partners, and selected third parties that we believe may be of interest to you.
The information we collect in connection with our online forums and communities is used to provide an interactive experience. We use this information to facilitate participation in these online forums and communities and, from time to time, to offer you products, programs, or services.
If you choose to submit content for publication, we may publish your screen name and other information you have provided to us on our Sites, the Internet, or elsewhere.
Communicating with you
We use information about you to communicate with you, such as to provide you with service updates, to notify you when you have won one of our contests or when we make changes to our user agreements, to fulfil a request by you for an online newsletter, to confirm purchases you have made through our Sites, or to contact you about your account with us. You may also choose to receive push notifications from us on your mobile device.
We use the information that you provide about others to enable us to send them invitations, gifts, cards, or other content on your behalf or through our Sites. From time to time, we also may use this information to offer products, programs, or services to them.
Use of mobile device data
Use of non-personal information
We use aggregate information about our users and non-personal information that we collect to improve the design, functionality and content of our Sites and to enable us to improve your experience with our Sites and offerings. We use this information to (i) provide, maintain, improve, protect, improve, and develop our products, programs, and services and to operate our business, (ii) to analyze usage and performance of our Sites, and (iii) for us and our affiliates, business partners, and selected third parties to offer you products, programs, or services.
Information sharing and disclosure
Legal and law enforcement purposes
Change of control
In addition, we may transfer information about you in the event of a business transaction, such as if we or one of our business units or our relevant assets are acquired by, sold to, or merged with another company.
Our agents and contractors may have access to personal information to help carry out the services they are performing for us.
Affiliates and other third parties
We may disclose personal information about you to companies within the Warner Bros. Entertainment Group. For example, we may share the information we collect with our affiliates to provide, improve and communicate with you about their own products and services.
With your permission, we may also share such information with business partners and third parties (e.g., other marketers, magazine publishers, retailers, participatory databases and non-profit organizations) that want to market products or services to you. We may share information about visitors to the Sites in an anonymous and aggregate form with third parties including advertisers, business partners, and sponsors to understand customer trends and patterns and arrange and improve our business relationships.
Some of our Sites contain links to other sites whose information practices may be different from ours. Visitors should consult the other sites' privacy policies before submitting any information, as we have no control over information that is submitted to, or collected by, these third parties.
Sponsors and co-promotions
We sometimes may offer content or programs (e.g., contests, sweepstakes, promotions, games, applications or social network integrations) that are sponsored by or co-branded with identified third parties. By virtue of these relationships, the third parties may obtain personal information that visitors voluntarily submit to participate in the activity. We have no control over these third parties' use of this information. The Site will notify you at the time of requesting personal information if these third parties will obtain such information.
For more information about third party ad servers at our Sites and your ability to opt-out of targeted advertising from such third parties, please visit the Network Advertising Initiative and/or http://www.youronlinechoices.com.
We provide you with an opportunity to express your preferences with respect to receiving certain marketing communications from us or from unaffiliated third parties. If you ever decide in the future that you would like to update these preferences, (i) you may log into your account if you have created an account with us at one of our Sites to adjust your settings, (iii) you may follow the “unsubscribe” instructions provided in any marketing email you receive from us, or (iii) you may send us an email at email@example.com and we will edit your preferences accordingly. If you previously chose to receive push notifications on your mobile device from us or use location based services via your mobile but no longer wish to receive them, you can manage your preferences either through your device or app settings, depending on the type of device.
Uninstalling a Mobile Application
If you no longer wish to have any information collected by the Site, you may uninstall the application by using the standard uninstall processes available on your mobile device or via the mobile application marketplace or network.
COOKIES AND OTHER TECHNICAL INFORMATION
Web beacons (or Web bugs) are small strings of code that provide a method for delivering a graphic image on a site for the purpose of transferring data, such as the IP (Internet Protocol) address of the computer that downloaded the page on which the Web beacon appears, the URL (Uniform Resource Locator) of the page on which the Web beacon appears, the time the page containing the Web beacon was viewed, the types of browser that fetched the Web beacon and the identification number of any cookie on the computer previously placed by that server. When corresponding with you via HTML capable email, Web beacons let us know whether you received and opened our email.
Our Site uses the following types of cookies:
- Strictly Necessary Cookies: These cookies are essential in order to enable you to move around the Site and use its features, such as accessing secure areas of the Site. Without these cookies, services like enabling appropriate content based on your type of device cannot be provided.
- Performance Cookies: These cookies collect information about how visitors use the Site, so that we can analyse traffic and understand how our visitors use our Sites. We may use third party service providers for this purpose who may use their own cookies. These cookies don’t collect information that identify an individual visitor. All information these cookies collect is aggregated and therefore anonymous. It is only used to improve how the Site works.
We use Google Analytics to analyse traffic. It is only used to improve how the Site works. Google Analytics uses its own cookies. These cookies don’t collect information that identify a visitor. All information these cookies collect is aggregated and therefore anonymous.
You can find out more information about Google Analytics cookies here:
You can avoid the use of Google Analytics relating to your use of our Sites by downloading and installing the Browser Plugin available via this link:
- Functionality Cookies: These cookies allow our Sites to remember choices you make (such as your user name, or the region you are in) and provide enhanced, more personal features. These cookies can also be used to remember changes you have made to text size, fonts and other parts of web pages that you can customise. They may also be used to provide services you have asked for such as watching a video or commenting on a blog. The information these cookies collect may be anonymised and they cannot track your browsing activity on other websites.
- Social Media Cookies: These cookies are used when you share information using a social media sharing button or “like” button on our Sites or you link your account or engage with our content on or through a social media site such as Facebook, Twitter or Google+. The social network will record that you have done this. This information may be linked to targeting/advertising activities.
- Advertising Cookies: Some of our Sites may use a third party advertising network to deliver targeted advertising. These may also have the capability to track your browsing across different sites and apps. If you would like more information on targeted advertising and how to opt out of it, please visit www.youronlinechoices.com.
If you don't want to receive cookies, you can also alter your browser settings or mobile device settings. The procedure for doing so varies from one browser application to another. If you wish to reject cookies from our Site, but wish to accept those from other sites, you may be able to choose the option in your browser settings to receive a notice before a cookie is stored on your device. Please consult the “Help” section of your browser or device for more information.
To find out more, please consult the following: http://www.allaboutcookies.org/manage-cookies/ and Your Online Choices. By disabling cookies, you may be prevented from accessing some features of our Sites or certain content or functionality may not be available.
Our commitment to security
How you can remove, access or correct information
To help protect your privacy and security, we will take reasonable steps to help verify your identity before granting access or making corrections.
Additional information regarding children's privacy
Notification regarding updates
How to contact us
Warner Bros. Entertainment Group
Warner Bros. Entertainment Australia Pty Limited
Warner Bros. Pictures GmbH
Warner Bros. Entertainment Nederland BV (Belgian Branch)
Warner Bros. Entertainment Danmark ApS
Warner Home Video Denmark, a division of Warner Bros. Entertainment Danmark ApS
Warner Bros. Entertainment France S.A.S
Warner Home Video France, a division of Warner Bros. Entertainment France S.A.S.
Warner Bros. Entertainment GmbH
Warner Home Video Germany, a division of Warner Bros. Entertainment GmbH
Warner Bros. Pictures International Ireland, registered as a place of business of Warner Bros. Entertainment UK Limited
Warner Bros, Entertainment Nederland B.V
Warner Home Video Benelux, a division of Warner Bros. Entertainment Nederland B.V.
Warner Bros. Entertainment Italia S.r.L.
Warner Home Video Italy, a division of Warner Bros. Entertainment Italia S.r.L.
Warner Bros. Entertainment Norge AS
Warner Home Video Norway, a division of Warner Bros. Entertainment Norge AS
Warner Bros. Entertainment Polska Sp z.o.o.
Warner Bros. Entertainment Limited Liability Company
Warner Bros. Entertainment España SL
Warner Home Video Spain, a division of Warner Bros. Entertainment España, SL
Warner Bros. Entertainment Sverige AB
Warner Home Video Sweden, a division of Warner Bros. Entertainment Sverige AB
Warner Bros. Entertainment Switzerland GmbH
Warner Home Video Switzerland, a division of Warner Bros. Entertainment Switzerland GmbH
Warner Bros Turkey Film Limited Sirketi
Warner Bros. Entertainment UK Limited
Warner Bros. International Television Production Limited
Warner Bros. Studios Leavesden Limited
Warner Home Video (UK) Limited
Rocksteady Studios Limited
TT Games Limited
Travellers Tales (UK) Limited
Warner Bros. Animation Inc.
Warner Bros. Consumer Products Inc.
Warner Bros. Digital, a division of Warner Bros. Technical Operations Inc.Warner Bros. Digital Distribution, a division of Warner Bros. Home Entertainment Inc.
Warner Bros. Distributing Inc.
Warner Bros. Entertainment Inc.
Warner Bros. Interactive Entertainment, a division of Warner Bros. Home Entertainment Inc.
Warner Bros. International Television Distribution Inc.
Warner Bros. Pictures, a division of WB Studio Enterprises Inc.
Warner Bros. Studios Facilities, a division of WB Studio Enterprises Inc.
Warner Bros. Technology Solutions, a division of Warner Bros. Entertainment Inc.
Warner Bros. Television, a division of WB Studio Enterprises Inc.
Warner Bros. Worldwide Television Distribution Inc.
Warner Home Video, a division of Warner Bros. Home Entertainment Inc.
WB Games Inc.
New Line Productions, Inc.
Telepictures Production Inc.
TMZ Productions, Inc.
The Cartoon Network, Inc.
Home Box Office, Inc.
Time Warner Inc.
Turner Broadcasting System